Cynips

wer, warum.. oder auch nicht
Antworten
Jim Knopf
Platinum Boarder
Cynips

Beitrag von Jim Knopf » Di Okt 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Cynips ist ein sehr guter spieler, den ich für einen jungen Bengel gehalten habe, der aber keiner ist. Er heist Johan, ist 45 und kommt aus Schweden. Er hatte mich angemailt, weil er gebannt wurde und ich habe ihn wieder entbannt. Bloß weil jemand nur gut ist, dürfen wir ihn nicht bannen!!

Name: Cynips
E-Mail: cynips@gmail.com
URL: http://www.hl2dm-university.com/forum/phpBB3/ memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=185
Zeit: 16.10.2008 15:04:24
IP: 82.117.112.170
Text: Hi, I was just wondering why I got banned today? Didn\'t get any warning or so. Sorry for not knowing German better. and btw, I\'m a 45 year old guy from Sweden.

Hi Cynips,

you don\'t have to wonder. :wink: We have a HL2DM server for Players 30 +. So we want only to have players at an age above 30 years. In game i asked you a few times how old you are (in english ), but you did not answer. So i thought you are younger and banned you. :oops:
But now I know your age and so its ok. Sorry for the trouble. I deleted the ban and you are again welcome to play.

greeting

Jim Knopf aka Kraut

Oops :oops: I am sorry for not replying. I know I am notoriously bad at seeing messages when I am fully engaged in play. And I even checked a few lines up in the console after being kicked

Anyway, it\'s too bad I don\'t know much German as you seem a friendly bunch. Not too many players my age around in Sweden. And I can easily understand how you wonder about my age. I have a hard time myself to believe that all players on your server are 30+

BTW, while I\'m already talking to you. I noticed you run a 100 tick server with sv_maxupdaterate 101. However, sv_maxrate is only 25000, meaning that with anything more than 4 ppl your sure to get choke. What kind of connection are you running the server from? Maybe you could try raising it to something like sv_maxrate 150000? Actually, I think you\'d benefit more from lowering sv_maxupdaterate to 33 or maybe even 20, in order to lower the amount of data that has to be sent out from the server all the time. sv_maxcmdrate, on the other hand, you could probably raise to 66.
I\'m always interested in how to run servers optimally, so if you\'re interested I\'d be more than happy to help you experiment, knowing more about your hardware and network limitations.

All the best, and thank you for running a server with a really fun map mix

Johan
Bunt ist das Dasein und Granatenstark! Volle Kanne Ihr Hoschies!!
Woher soll ich wissen was ich denke, bevor ich höre was ich sage?
Bild

OTTS-Nogly

Aw: Cynips

Beitrag von OTTS-Nogly » Do Dez 04, 2008 8:10 pm

ups jo ich war einer der gehetzt hat sry!:(
die sau ist aber auch gut:woohoo:
Bild

Antworten